Major fire accident on train averted in Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad: A fire broke out in the AC coach of the Guwahati-bound Rajdhani Express but was timely detected and brought under control, railway officials said here Thursday.
The fire broke out in the first-class air conditioned coach of the Delhi-Guwahati Rajdhani Express before Sahibabad railway station at around 10 PM last night, they said.
As the train left New Delhi railway station at about 9:47 PM, a train guard noticed the flames near the coach following which he alerted the station master and the train driver, who
then halted the train, they said.
Preliminary investigations reveal that the fire was caused due to brakes touching the wheels of the train.
The fault was corrected after which the train resumed its journey.
An inquiry will be conducted to know the exact reason of the fire, railway official Ashok Negi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India