Major fire accident on train averted in Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad: A fire broke out in the AC coach of the Guwahati-bound Rajdhani Express but was timely detected and brought under control, railway officials said here Thursday.
The fire broke out in the first-class air conditioned coach of the Delhi-Guwahati Rajdhani Express before Sahibabad railway station at around 10 PM last night, they said.
As the train left New Delhi railway station at about 9:47 PM, a train guard noticed the flames near the coach following which he alerted the station master and the train driver, who
then halted the train, they said.
Preliminary investigations reveal that the fire was caused due to brakes touching the wheels of the train.
The fault was corrected after which the train resumed its journey.
An inquiry will be conducted to know the exact reason of the fire, railway official Ashok Negi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant