Major fire in oil mill, no casualty reported
Varanasi: A major fire broke out on Saturday night in an oil mill in Ashapur area of the district, triggering panic among locals, fire department officials said.
"The massive fire broke out at Jhunjhunwala oil mill, setting off blasts in five oil tankers," Fire Officer Subhash Singh said, adding no casualty has been reported so far.
Over a dozen fire tenders have been pressed into service to douse the raging inferno, which could not be put out till midnight, and more fire brigades have been called from adjoining districts.
The fire has caused damages worth crores, Singh said.
Though the reason behind the blaze is yet to be ascertained, the fire official said it might have been caused by welding work being carried out on the mill premises.
Before fire fighters could reach the spot, the blaze had engulfed the refinery plant, cattle feed plant and godown of the oil mill, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon