Major fire in oil mill, no casualty reported
Varanasi: A major fire broke out on Saturday night in an oil mill in Ashapur area of the district, triggering panic among locals, fire department officials said.
"The massive fire broke out at Jhunjhunwala oil mill, setting off blasts in five oil tankers," Fire Officer Subhash Singh said, adding no casualty has been reported so far.
Over a dozen fire tenders have been pressed into service to douse the raging inferno, which could not be put out till midnight, and more fire brigades have been called from adjoining districts.
The fire has caused damages worth crores, Singh said.
Though the reason behind the blaze is yet to be ascertained, the fire official said it might have been caused by welding work being carried out on the mill premises.
Before fire fighters could reach the spot, the blaze had engulfed the refinery plant, cattle feed plant and godown of the oil mill, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Read: What Salman Khan has to say about Akshay's 'Singh Is Bliing'
- Team India, South Africa arrive for second T20 match