Major fire in oil mill, no casualty reported
Varanasi: A major fire broke out on Saturday night in an oil mill in Ashapur area of the district, triggering panic among locals, fire department officials said.
"The massive fire broke out at Jhunjhunwala oil mill, setting off blasts in five oil tankers," Fire Officer Subhash Singh said, adding no casualty has been reported so far.
Over a dozen fire tenders have been pressed into service to douse the raging inferno, which could not be put out till midnight, and more fire brigades have been called from adjoining districts.
The fire has caused damages worth crores, Singh said.
Though the reason behind the blaze is yet to be ascertained, the fire official said it might have been caused by welding work being carried out on the mill premises.
Before fire fighters could reach the spot, the blaze had engulfed the refinery plant, cattle feed plant and godown of the oil mill, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police