Major reshuffle in Uttar Pradesh police
Lucknow: In a major reshuffle in the police
department in the backdrop of a spurt in incidents of rape,
Uttar Pradesh government on Tuesday transferred nine senior IPS
officers, including an Inspector General in the Crime Branch
which was probing the rape of a girl in Lakhimpur Kheri.
M K Bashal, IG of CB-CID which was investigating the
rape incident, has been shifted to Moradabad in the same
capacity and he was replaced by IG Moradabad Badri Prasad
Singh, an official spokesman said here.
IG Allahabad R P Singh and IG Bareilly Javed Akhtar
have swapped places while IG Gorakhpur Sandeep Sanluke has
been posted as Secretary (Home).
IG intelligence Vijay Kumar has been posted in place
DIG, Chitrakoot, S K Mathur was transferred to
Devipatana in the same capacity and he will be replaced by DIG
of Faizabad Mutha Ashok Jain. DIG Devipatan Anand Swaroop has
been shifted to Faizabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price