Major reshuffle in Uttar Pradesh police
Lucknow: In a major reshuffle in the police
department in the backdrop of a spurt in incidents of rape,
Uttar Pradesh government on Tuesday transferred nine senior IPS
officers, including an Inspector General in the Crime Branch
which was probing the rape of a girl in Lakhimpur Kheri.
M K Bashal, IG of CB-CID which was investigating the
rape incident, has been shifted to Moradabad in the same
capacity and he was replaced by IG Moradabad Badri Prasad
Singh, an official spokesman said here.
IG Allahabad R P Singh and IG Bareilly Javed Akhtar
have swapped places while IG Gorakhpur Sandeep Sanluke has
been posted as Secretary (Home).
IG intelligence Vijay Kumar has been posted in place
DIG, Chitrakoot, S K Mathur was transferred to
Devipatana in the same capacity and he will be replaced by DIG
of Faizabad Mutha Ashok Jain. DIG Devipatan Anand Swaroop has
been shifted to Faizabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore