Major rivers in spate in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: Major rivers in Uttar Pradesh are in spate and flowing close to the danger mark at several parts on their course, as the state received scanty rains in some areas on Wednesday.
The Ganga river continued to flow close to the danger mark at Fatehgarh, Kannauj, Ankinghat in Kanpur Dehat, Kanpur and Ballia, according to Central Water Commission sources.
The Yamuna river was flowing close to the red mark at Mavi and Prayag Ghat in Mathura, while the Ram Ganga river was flowing close to the danger mark at Dabri in Shahjahanpur district and was on a rising trend.
The Sharda river continued to flow above the danger mark at Palia Kalan and was still rising.
The Ghaghra river continued to flow above the red mark at Elgin Bridge in Barabanki, Ayodhya and Turtipar in Ballia they said adding that the Rapti river has crossed the red mark at Balrampur district and flowing near the danger level at Bhinga (Shrawasti), Bansi, Regauli and Birdghat.
The Burhi Rapti river was close to the red mark at Kakrahi in Siddhartnagar district and the Quano river was near the danger level at Chandradeep Ghat and Mukhlispur.
Muzaffarnagar received 2 cm rain while Ballia, Saharanpur, Nawabganj in Rampur got 1 cm each, according to the Met.
They forecast that rain and thundershowers would occur at a few places over the state in the next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore