Major train mishap averted
Lucknow: A major accident was averted today
when the driver of Guwahati-Delhi Rajdhani Express saw smoke
coming out of its engine which had caught fire and switched it
off immediately to control the blaze.
The incident occured this morning when the engine of the
Delhi-bound Rajdhani Express coming from Guwahati caught fire
near Rehmat Nagar railway station, 40 kms from here, official
However, the driver soon spotted smoke coming out of the
engine and immediately stopped the train. He switched off
the engine and managed to control the fire, they said.
The train was delayed by nearly two hours due to the
incident and left only after another engine was sent from
Lucknow, they said.
Mechanical error was said to be the cause behind the
incident, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Strike of auto and taxi unions against app-based cab services in Delhi ends
- Bihar flood toll rises to 22; 17 lakh people in 10 districts affected
- VIDEO! History-maker Kusal Mendis hits six to complete his century against Australia
- ISRO rocket launch postponed in wake of missing IAF aircraft search!
- What a talent! 'Kar chale hum fida' patriotic song by this street singer will give you goosebumps - WATCH