Major train mishap averted
Lucknow: A major accident was averted today
when the driver of Guwahati-Delhi Rajdhani Express saw smoke
coming out of its engine which had caught fire and switched it
off immediately to control the blaze.
The incident occured this morning when the engine of the
Delhi-bound Rajdhani Express coming from Guwahati caught fire
near Rehmat Nagar railway station, 40 kms from here, official
However, the driver soon spotted smoke coming out of the
engine and immediately stopped the train. He switched off
the engine and managed to control the fire, they said.
The train was delayed by nearly two hours due to the
incident and left only after another engine was sent from
Lucknow, they said.
Mechanical error was said to be the cause behind the
incident, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!