Major train mishap averted
Lucknow: A major accident was averted today
when the driver of Guwahati-Delhi Rajdhani Express saw smoke
coming out of its engine which had caught fire and switched it
off immediately to control the blaze.
The incident occured this morning when the engine of the
Delhi-bound Rajdhani Express coming from Guwahati caught fire
near Rehmat Nagar railway station, 40 kms from here, official
However, the driver soon spotted smoke coming out of the
engine and immediately stopped the train. He switched off
the engine and managed to control the fire, they said.
The train was delayed by nearly two hours due to the
incident and left only after another engine was sent from
Lucknow, they said.
Mechanical error was said to be the cause behind the
incident, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees