Major train mishap averted
Lucknow: A major accident was averted today
when the driver of Guwahati-Delhi Rajdhani Express saw smoke
coming out of its engine which had caught fire and switched it
off immediately to control the blaze.
The incident occured this morning when the engine of the
Delhi-bound Rajdhani Express coming from Guwahati caught fire
near Rehmat Nagar railway station, 40 kms from here, official
However, the driver soon spotted smoke coming out of the
engine and immediately stopped the train. He switched off
the engine and managed to control the fire, they said.
The train was delayed by nearly two hours due to the
incident and left only after another engine was sent from
Lucknow, they said.
Mechanical error was said to be the cause behind the
incident, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog