Major train mishap averted
Lucknow: A major accident was averted today
when the driver of Guwahati-Delhi Rajdhani Express saw smoke
coming out of its engine which had caught fire and switched it
off immediately to control the blaze.
The incident occured this morning when the engine of the
Delhi-bound Rajdhani Express coming from Guwahati caught fire
near Rehmat Nagar railway station, 40 kms from here, official
However, the driver soon spotted smoke coming out of the
engine and immediately stopped the train. He switched off
the engine and managed to control the fire, they said.
The train was delayed by nearly two hours due to the
incident and left only after another engine was sent from
Lucknow, they said.
Mechanical error was said to be the cause behind the
incident, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!