`Make public Babri Masjid-Ram Janmabhoomi report`
New Delhi: The Central Information
Commission on Wednesday directed the Archaeological Survey of India
to make public its detailed report on the Babri Masjid-Ram
Janmabhoomi site in Ayodhya.
However, Chief Information Commissioner Satyananda Mishra
said, in case, the disclosure has been prohibited by the High
Court through its order, the copy of that directive must be
provided to activist Subhash Agrawal.
The ASI is understood to have carried out the survey of
the disputed site on the directions of the Allahabad High
Court which was hearing the matter.
Through his RTI application Agrawal had sought the copy
of the report submitted by the ASI. The ASI refused to give
the document, saying the report was meant exclusively for the
When the matter reached before the transparency panel,
ASI reiterated its stand. Agrawal argued that if the High
Court had prohibited the disclosure of report, that order
should be provided to him.
"We think that this is a very fair request and the CPIO
should provide a copy of the relevant extract from the order
of the High Court in which the ASI had been instructed to
present the repot only to the High Court and not to disclose
it to anyone else...In case, there is no such express
direction from the High court, the copy of the said report
should be provided to the appellant," Mishra said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack