Man accused of killing wife at Delhi Metro station commits suicide
New Delhi: A day after he was charged with killing his estranged wife, the accused allegedly committed suicide near a railway station in Muradnagar in Uttar Pradesh.
Pawan, who had shot his wife Deepti, 25, and her father Bisham Das when they were entering the Karkardooma Metro station yesterday in Delhi, was allegedly found hanging from a tree on Wednesday.
A Delhi police team has gone to Muradnagar, a senior police official said.
The police had yesterday seized a .12 bore double barrel gun from the spot where the firing took place. Pawan had fled leaving behind the weapon, they had said.
Deepti was rushed to nearby Hedgewar hospital but was declared brought dead while Das is undergoing treatment in Deepak Memorial hospital.
Five empty cartridges and the car in which Pawan came to the spot were also recovered from the spot, according to the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video