Man accused of killing wife at Delhi Metro station commits suicide
New Delhi: A day after he was charged with killing his estranged wife, the accused allegedly committed suicide near a railway station in Muradnagar in Uttar Pradesh.
Pawan, who had shot his wife Deepti, 25, and her father Bisham Das when they were entering the Karkardooma Metro station yesterday in Delhi, was allegedly found hanging from a tree on Wednesday.
A Delhi police team has gone to Muradnagar, a senior police official said.
The police had yesterday seized a .12 bore double barrel gun from the spot where the firing took place. Pawan had fled leaving behind the weapon, they had said.
Deepti was rushed to nearby Hedgewar hospital but was declared brought dead while Das is undergoing treatment in Deepak Memorial hospital.
Five empty cartridges and the car in which Pawan came to the spot were also recovered from the spot, according to the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months
- Uttar Pradesh CM Akhilesh Yadav told Mulayam Singh's brother Shivpal that he would float new party?
- Sushant Singh Rajput's Twitter commentary of MS Dhoni's innings at Mohali is a Must Read