Man accused of killing wife at Delhi Metro station commits suicide
New Delhi: A day after he was charged with killing his estranged wife, the accused allegedly committed suicide near a railway station in Muradnagar in Uttar Pradesh.
Pawan, who had shot his wife Deepti, 25, and her father Bisham Das when they were entering the Karkardooma Metro station yesterday in Delhi, was allegedly found hanging from a tree on Wednesday.
A Delhi police team has gone to Muradnagar, a senior police official said.
The police had yesterday seized a .12 bore double barrel gun from the spot where the firing took place. Pawan had fled leaving behind the weapon, they had said.
Deepti was rushed to nearby Hedgewar hospital but was declared brought dead while Das is undergoing treatment in Deepak Memorial hospital.
Five empty cartridges and the car in which Pawan came to the spot were also recovered from the spot, according to the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Bhagwant Mann must be refrained from entering into Parliament: JD(U)
- Pokemon GO launched in Japan, thousands start hunting and capturing monsters
- Oppressed Dalits will teach a lesson to BJP: Arvind Kejriwal in Gujarat
- Una incident: Dalit victim back in hospital ahead of Rahul Gandhi’s visit under 'political pressure'
- Chinese anti-graft protest leader arrested for taking bribes