Man arrested for making hoax call to IGP
Allahabad: One person has been arrested here for making a hoax call to a top police official about a bomb being placed inside the Allahabad-bound Unchahar Express train coming from Chandigarh.
Inspector General of Police, Allahabad Range, Javed Akhtar received the hoax call on his mobile phone yesterday and the caller claimed that a bomb had been placed inside the train and it was likely to go off between Rae Bareli and Allahabad, a police spokesman said.
Police officials along the route were alerted by the IGP while sleuths of the Special Task Force of Uttar Pradesh along with personnel of the local police and the Government Railway Police conducted a thorough search of the train when it
arrived at its destination here.
However, nothing was found inside any of the bogies, the spokesman said.
The police traced the person who had called the IGP and arrested one Saleem, a native of Kanpur, from Naini locality on the outskirts of the city early this morning, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test