Man arrested for making hoax call to IGP
Allahabad: One person has been arrested here for making a hoax call to a top police official about a bomb being placed inside the Allahabad-bound Unchahar Express train coming from Chandigarh.
Inspector General of Police, Allahabad Range, Javed Akhtar received the hoax call on his mobile phone yesterday and the caller claimed that a bomb had been placed inside the train and it was likely to go off between Rae Bareli and Allahabad, a police spokesman said.
Police officials along the route were alerted by the IGP while sleuths of the Special Task Force of Uttar Pradesh along with personnel of the local police and the Government Railway Police conducted a thorough search of the train when it
arrived at its destination here.
However, nothing was found inside any of the bogies, the spokesman said.
The police traced the person who had called the IGP and arrested one Saleem, a native of Kanpur, from Naini locality on the outskirts of the city early this morning, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing