Man arrested for making hoax call to IGP
Allahabad: One person has been arrested here for making a hoax call to a top police official about a bomb being placed inside the Allahabad-bound Unchahar Express train coming from Chandigarh.
Inspector General of Police, Allahabad Range, Javed Akhtar received the hoax call on his mobile phone yesterday and the caller claimed that a bomb had been placed inside the train and it was likely to go off between Rae Bareli and Allahabad, a police spokesman said.
Police officials along the route were alerted by the IGP while sleuths of the Special Task Force of Uttar Pradesh along with personnel of the local police and the Government Railway Police conducted a thorough search of the train when it
arrived at its destination here.
However, nothing was found inside any of the bogies, the spokesman said.
The police traced the person who had called the IGP and arrested one Saleem, a native of Kanpur, from Naini locality on the outskirts of the city early this morning, the spokesman said.
- ED summons former Air Chief Marshal S.P. Tyagi
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Ex-servicemen suspend OROP protest, threaten to intensify agitation if demands not met
- West Bengal goes for fifth phase of polling on Saturday
- Tajikistan bans Russian-style surnames for children
- S&P keeps UK on triple-A rating, says expects no Brexit
- Google Translate turns 10: Five interesting things you want to know about it