Man arrested for making hoax call to IGP
Allahabad: One person has been arrested here for making a hoax call to a top police official about a bomb being placed inside the Allahabad-bound Unchahar Express train coming from Chandigarh.
Inspector General of Police, Allahabad Range, Javed Akhtar received the hoax call on his mobile phone yesterday and the caller claimed that a bomb had been placed inside the train and it was likely to go off between Rae Bareli and Allahabad, a police spokesman said.
Police officials along the route were alerted by the IGP while sleuths of the Special Task Force of Uttar Pradesh along with personnel of the local police and the Government Railway Police conducted a thorough search of the train when it
arrived at its destination here.
However, nothing was found inside any of the bogies, the spokesman said.
The police traced the person who had called the IGP and arrested one Saleem, a native of Kanpur, from Naini locality on the outskirts of the city early this morning, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"