Man arrested for posting objectionable content on facebook
Meerut: A person was on Saturday arrested for his alleged involvement in posting objectionable content about a particular religion on social-networking site Facebook, which sparked violence in the district on June 18.
Keshav Kaushik, a resident of Ganganagar area of the district, has been arrested for posting objectionable content about a particular religion on Facebook, SP City Om Prakash said.
Kaushik worked as a compounder, he said.
The police officer said the issue was thoroughly probed and after a detailed investigation Kaushik was arrested.
The objectionable content on the social-networking site had led to demonstration outside the office of SP city at Ghantaghar area and protestors also damaged some shops in the area, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: Mulayam sacks Ram Gopal Yadav from party for six years; Shivpal says he is corrupt, involved with BJP
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Chasing 286-run target, India lose Rahane and Rohit early