Man arrested for posting objectionable content on facebook
Meerut: A person was on Saturday arrested for his alleged involvement in posting objectionable content about a particular religion on social-networking site Facebook, which sparked violence in the district on June 18.
Keshav Kaushik, a resident of Ganganagar area of the district, has been arrested for posting objectionable content about a particular religion on Facebook, SP City Om Prakash said.
Kaushik worked as a compounder, he said.
The police officer said the issue was thoroughly probed and after a detailed investigation Kaushik was arrested.
The objectionable content on the social-networking site had led to demonstration outside the office of SP city at Ghantaghar area and protestors also damaged some shops in the area, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach