Man arrested for threatening to blow up bus stands
Bareilly: Police on Friday arrested a man for
allegedly threatening to blow up two bus stands and a railway
station on November 11 here in the district.
"Satish Chand Maurya, resident of Ram Asrey colony, has
been arrested on charges of threating to blow up two bus stops
and a railway station on November 11. He had called the
regional manager of Roadways PK Bose and also sent an SMS on
Tuesday detailing about his intentions," DIG, Bareilly,
Prakash D said.
The arrest was made after surveillance of his mobile, the
DIG said, adding that he was being interrogated.
Maurya made the call at the number given in newspaper
advertisements for official purposes and he had once
made a similar call to Cipiganj police station, he claimed.
Following the call, the DIG had alerted intelligence
units and constituted police teams to verify the threat and a
team for tracing the caller was also sent to Uttarakhand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog