Man arrested for threatening to blow up bus stands
Bareilly: Police on Friday arrested a man for
allegedly threatening to blow up two bus stands and a railway
station on November 11 here in the district.
"Satish Chand Maurya, resident of Ram Asrey colony, has
been arrested on charges of threating to blow up two bus stops
and a railway station on November 11. He had called the
regional manager of Roadways PK Bose and also sent an SMS on
Tuesday detailing about his intentions," DIG, Bareilly,
Prakash D said.
The arrest was made after surveillance of his mobile, the
DIG said, adding that he was being interrogated.
Maurya made the call at the number given in newspaper
advertisements for official purposes and he had once
made a similar call to Cipiganj police station, he claimed.
Following the call, the DIG had alerted intelligence
units and constituted police teams to verify the threat and a
team for tracing the caller was also sent to Uttarakhand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical