Man awarded 10-yrs RI for raping minor
Basti: A man was sentenced to 10 years
rigorous imprisonment and imposed a penalty of Rs 10,000 by a
local court here for raping a minor dalit girl.
On September 13, 2000, Deepak Srivastava raped a
13-year-old dalit girl in Mahrikhawan locality after which an
FIR was lodged against him, assistant government counsel Jai
He said that on the basis of evidences and chargesheet
filed by police, special judge Santosh Rai held Deepak guilty
The court ordered that half of the penalty amount
should be paid to the victim, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'