Man awarded 10-yrs RI for raping minor
Basti: A man was sentenced to 10 years
rigorous imprisonment and imposed a penalty of Rs 10,000 by a
local court here for raping a minor dalit girl.
On September 13, 2000, Deepak Srivastava raped a
13-year-old dalit girl in Mahrikhawan locality after which an
FIR was lodged against him, assistant government counsel Jai
He said that on the basis of evidences and chargesheet
filed by police, special judge Santosh Rai held Deepak guilty
The court ordered that half of the penalty amount
should be paid to the victim, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites
- 'Idiots are lined up at every step': Young IAS officer's fight against sexual harassment
- Which Kapoor does Katrina like the most besides beau Ranbir?