Man awarded 10-yrs RI for raping minor
Basti: A man was sentenced to 10 years
rigorous imprisonment and imposed a penalty of Rs 10,000 by a
local court here for raping a minor dalit girl.
On September 13, 2000, Deepak Srivastava raped a
13-year-old dalit girl in Mahrikhawan locality after which an
FIR was lodged against him, assistant government counsel Jai
He said that on the basis of evidences and chargesheet
filed by police, special judge Santosh Rai held Deepak guilty
The court ordered that half of the penalty amount
should be paid to the victim, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH