Man beats wife, daughter to death in Kanpur
Kanpur: Upset over being unemployed due to a
leg injury, a labourer today committed suicide by jumping
from the roof of his house after beating to death his wife and
15-year-old daughter in Naubasta area here, police said.
Rajesh used to stay in Naubasta area with his wife Urmila
(40) and daughter Diksha. His leg injury had forced him to
leave his job due to which there used to be shortage of food
in the house and Urmila had to go for work and take care of
the family financially, Kanpur DIG Rajesh Rai said.
There used to be regular fights between Rajesh and Urmila
over him being unemployed. There was an altercation between
them over the issue this morning after which he severely beat
the two with an iron rod and then jumped from the roof of his
house, Rai said.
All three were rushed to Ursala hospital where they
succumbed to their injuries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested