Man beats wife, daughter to death in Kanpur
Kanpur: Upset over being unemployed due to a
leg injury, a labourer today committed suicide by jumping
from the roof of his house after beating to death his wife and
15-year-old daughter in Naubasta area here, police said.
Rajesh used to stay in Naubasta area with his wife Urmila
(40) and daughter Diksha. His leg injury had forced him to
leave his job due to which there used to be shortage of food
in the house and Urmila had to go for work and take care of
the family financially, Kanpur DIG Rajesh Rai said.
There used to be regular fights between Rajesh and Urmila
over him being unemployed. There was an altercation between
them over the issue this morning after which he severely beat
the two with an iron rod and then jumped from the roof of his
house, Rai said.
All three were rushed to Ursala hospital where they
succumbed to their injuries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt