Man beats wife, daughter to death in Kanpur
Kanpur: Upset over being unemployed due to a
leg injury, a labourer today committed suicide by jumping
from the roof of his house after beating to death his wife and
15-year-old daughter in Naubasta area here, police said.
Rajesh used to stay in Naubasta area with his wife Urmila
(40) and daughter Diksha. His leg injury had forced him to
leave his job due to which there used to be shortage of food
in the house and Urmila had to go for work and take care of
the family financially, Kanpur DIG Rajesh Rai said.
There used to be regular fights between Rajesh and Urmila
over him being unemployed. There was an altercation between
them over the issue this morning after which he severely beat
the two with an iron rod and then jumped from the roof of his
house, Rai said.
All three were rushed to Ursala hospital where they
succumbed to their injuries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families? - Part II
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India?
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India? Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the mystery of missing IAF aircraft AN-32
- Not everything they taught you in science was true - 10 myths debunked in this 3-min VIDEO!
- Home Minister level talks: India, Bangladesh resolve to fight terrorism together
- Ukraine at UN says Putin's Crimea decree 'null and void'
- Evening showers bring Gurugram to a grinding halt
- J&K govt to provide support for smooth functioning of schools