Man booked under NSA for rape of 2-year-old girl
Muzaffarnagar(UP): A man, involved in the alleged rape of a minor girl, has been booked under the National Security Act (NSA) at Tissa village in the district in a bid to prevent him from obtaining bail in the case, police said on Wednesday.
Adesh Kumar, who raped the two-year-old girl in the Bhopa area on November 11 last year, was detained yesterday under the above Act, Senior Superintendent of Police BB Singh said.
In a similar instance, a youth has been booked uner the relevant sections of the Act in connection with the alleged honour killing of his sister.
The 21-year-old girl, who had eloped with her lover, was allegedly hacked to death by his brother at Bihari village on August 22 last year.
Further probes into both the cases are on, the SSP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony