Man booked under NSA for rape of 2-year-old girl
Muzaffarnagar(UP): A man, involved in the alleged rape of a minor girl, has been booked under the National Security Act (NSA) at Tissa village in the district in a bid to prevent him from obtaining bail in the case, police said on Wednesday.
Adesh Kumar, who raped the two-year-old girl in the Bhopa area on November 11 last year, was detained yesterday under the above Act, Senior Superintendent of Police BB Singh said.
In a similar instance, a youth has been booked uner the relevant sections of the Act in connection with the alleged honour killing of his sister.
The 21-year-old girl, who had eloped with her lover, was allegedly hacked to death by his brother at Bihari village on August 22 last year.
Further probes into both the cases are on, the SSP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'