Man booked under NSA for rape of 2-year-old girl
Muzaffarnagar(UP): A man, involved in the alleged rape of a minor girl, has been booked under the National Security Act (NSA) at Tissa village in the district in a bid to prevent him from obtaining bail in the case, police said on Wednesday.
Adesh Kumar, who raped the two-year-old girl in the Bhopa area on November 11 last year, was detained yesterday under the above Act, Senior Superintendent of Police BB Singh said.
In a similar instance, a youth has been booked uner the relevant sections of the Act in connection with the alleged honour killing of his sister.
The 21-year-old girl, who had eloped with her lover, was allegedly hacked to death by his brother at Bihari village on August 22 last year.
Further probes into both the cases are on, the SSP added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know