Man caught smuggling over 40 tortoises
Lucknow: A man was arrested in Jaunpur on Saturday allegedly while smuggling 44 tortoises, police said.
On a tip off, the Government Railway Police (GRP) caught Shajhar Ali with the tortoises at Jaunpur railway station, they said.
Ali, hailing from West Bengal, had caught the animals from local ponds and was taking them to his native state for selling.
A case has been registered and further investigations were on, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred