Man caught smuggling over 40 tortoises
Lucknow: A man was arrested in Jaunpur on Saturday allegedly while smuggling 44 tortoises, police said.
On a tip off, the Government Railway Police (GRP) caught Shajhar Ali with the tortoises at Jaunpur railway station, they said.
Ali, hailing from West Bengal, had caught the animals from local ponds and was taking them to his native state for selling.
A case has been registered and further investigations were on, police added.
- Uber brings back surge pricing, Arvind Kejriwal warns of strong action
- Happy Birthday! New photographs of Britain's Princess Charlotte released
- Weathermen predict fall in temperatures across northern India
- Rahul Gandhi to be face of Congress in Uttar Pradesh Assembly polls?
- IPL 2016: Rohit Sharma shines as Mumbai Indians crush listless Rising Pune Supergiants by 8 wickets