Man caught smuggling over 40 tortoises
Lucknow: A man was arrested in Jaunpur on Saturday allegedly while smuggling 44 tortoises, police said.
On a tip off, the Government Railway Police (GRP) caught Shajhar Ali with the tortoises at Jaunpur railway station, they said.
Ali, hailing from West Bengal, had caught the animals from local ponds and was taking them to his native state for selling.
A case has been registered and further investigations were on, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon