Man caught smuggling over 40 tortoises
Lucknow: A man was arrested in Jaunpur on Saturday allegedly while smuggling 44 tortoises, police said.
On a tip off, the Government Railway Police (GRP) caught Shajhar Ali with the tortoises at Jaunpur railway station, they said.
Ali, hailing from West Bengal, had caught the animals from local ponds and was taking them to his native state for selling.
A case has been registered and further investigations were on, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India