Man caught smuggling over 40 tortoises
Lucknow: A man was arrested in Jaunpur on Saturday allegedly while smuggling 44 tortoises, police said.
On a tip off, the Government Railway Police (GRP) caught Shajhar Ali with the tortoises at Jaunpur railway station, they said.
Ali, hailing from West Bengal, had caught the animals from local ponds and was taking them to his native state for selling.
A case has been registered and further investigations were on, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian captain to hit double century in away Test
- 2016 Rio Olympics: Russia bids to avoid ban as IOC reports new test failures
- What did she do that people tied her with rope and handed over to police? - Must read
- Assam flood situation grim, close to 3 lakh remain affected
- Sam Allardyce gets England job at second time of asking