Man cuts off wife`s braid for not covering head
Ghaziabad: A woman has registered a complaint of harassment against her husband after he allegedly cut off her braid because she did not cover her head, police said here on Monday.
Rukshana, a resident of Prem Nagar in Loni on Monday, went to the roof of her home for some work without covering her head with a dupatta after which her husband cut off her braid, police said.
She claimed that her husband also threw her out of the home, they said.
Rukshana has alleged that she was being harassed at her husband`s home over small issues since her marriage to Israr three years back, they said.
Israr was detained for questioning and action would be taken after proper investigation, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa