Man detained for duping people in Azamgarh
Azamgarh: A man was today detained for
allegedly duping people of lakhs of rupees by promising them jobs in Fisheries department, police said.
Police detained Harilal Nishad, a resident of Ambedkar
Nagar district, from Mandya area here following a complaint
that he had taken Rs 1.75 lakh from eight people in 2008,
claiming that he is the relative of state Fisheries Minister,
Dharmraj Nishad and could get them jobs in the fisheries
As the complaint was registered in the Ambedkar Nagar
district, the police is waiting for a team from the district
to reach here.
Harilal, however, alleged that the minister had taken
money from him but he neither appointed people or returned the
Investigations were on, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report