Man detained for duping people in Azamgarh
Azamgarh: A man was today detained for
allegedly duping people of lakhs of rupees by promising them jobs in Fisheries department, police said.
Police detained Harilal Nishad, a resident of Ambedkar
Nagar district, from Mandya area here following a complaint
that he had taken Rs 1.75 lakh from eight people in 2008,
claiming that he is the relative of state Fisheries Minister,
Dharmraj Nishad and could get them jobs in the fisheries
As the complaint was registered in the Ambedkar Nagar
district, the police is waiting for a team from the district
to reach here.
Harilal, however, alleged that the minister had taken
money from him but he neither appointed people or returned the
Investigations were on, the police said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- It's a Black Hole Friday for NASA!
- Shocking! Anurag Basu feels Salman Khan is ‘boring’?
- Kapil Sharma organises ‘wedding’ ceremony for married Harbhajan Singh, Geeta Basra?
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife