Man detained for duping people in Azamgarh
Azamgarh: A man was today detained for
allegedly duping people of lakhs of rupees by promising them jobs in Fisheries department, police said.
Police detained Harilal Nishad, a resident of Ambedkar
Nagar district, from Mandya area here following a complaint
that he had taken Rs 1.75 lakh from eight people in 2008,
claiming that he is the relative of state Fisheries Minister,
Dharmraj Nishad and could get them jobs in the fisheries
As the complaint was registered in the Ambedkar Nagar
district, the police is waiting for a team from the district
to reach here.
Harilal, however, alleged that the minister had taken
money from him but he neither appointed people or returned the
Investigations were on, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!