Man detained for duping people in Azamgarh
Azamgarh: A man was today detained for
allegedly duping people of lakhs of rupees by promising them jobs in Fisheries department, police said.
Police detained Harilal Nishad, a resident of Ambedkar
Nagar district, from Mandya area here following a complaint
that he had taken Rs 1.75 lakh from eight people in 2008,
claiming that he is the relative of state Fisheries Minister,
Dharmraj Nishad and could get them jobs in the fisheries
As the complaint was registered in the Ambedkar Nagar
district, the police is waiting for a team from the district
to reach here.
Harilal, however, alleged that the minister had taken
money from him but he neither appointed people or returned the
Investigations were on, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened