Man dies after beating in Ghaziabad`s Loni police station
Ghaziabad: A man died of his injuries after being beaten by police in Ghaziabad district, a police official said Saturday, adding a case has been filed against the guilty policemen.
The incident took place in Loni town Thursday.
Police said a man named Shaukat was robbed of cash, mobile phone and other belongings on Pushta road Thursday night. Responding to his call for help, local residents reached the spot and called police.
When a police team reached the spot, a local resident, identified as Raj Kumar Yadav, and his brothers Babloo and Sanjay Yadav, argued with them over poor patrolling in the area, noting the incident at 8 pm indicated police laxity.
Irate policemen dumped Raj Kumar into the vehicle, took him to the police station, beat him brutally there but released him after people intervened.
After returning, Raj Kumar complained of severe pain and tried to commit suicide by hanging himself but family members stopped him.
On Friday morning, Raj Kumar complained of more pain and his family members admitted him at Jagmohan Speciality Hospital where he succumbed to his injuries.
His elder brother Babloo lodged a complaint with the Loni police station, alleging Raj Kumar suffered critical injuries caused by the police brutality. In addition to the criminal case against the erring policemen, he demanded the dismissal of Constable Pradeep Kumar Yadav who was most brutal in beating his brother.
"A board of three doctors conducted the autopsy and a criminal case for murder has been registered against the guilty policemen. The action would be initiated after the outcome of the post mortem report which is expected in a day or two," said Inspector Gorakh Nath Yadav of Loni police station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?