Man dies in police custody, 3 cops suspended
Firozabad: A man Monday died in police custody following which three policemen were suspended and an FIR has been registered against them.
Anil Kumar Kulshrestha (50) was allegedly picked up by the police yesterday in a case registered against him in Kalpi (Jalaun). He allegedly died today in police custody.
Family members of Kulshrestha have alleged that he died due to police torture.
Following the incident, the family of Kulshrestha has lodged an FIR against three policemen -- Agra Gate police outpost incharge Surendra Singh, Vibhav Nagar outpost incharge Pramod Kumar and head constable K K Gautam -- who were also suspended, SP Rakesh Singh said, adding a probe is on in the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror