Man found dead, dishonour killing suspected in UP
Rampur (UP): In a suspected case of dishonour killing, a 35-year-old man was killed and his wife injured after the girl`s family members attacked the couple for marrying against their wishes, police said.
Body of Samshi was found Wednesday with bullet wounds in Chakseri village of the district and according to ASP Sadhana Goswami, he was killed by girl`s family members for marrying against their wishes.
The girl, who was injured in the attack, has been referred to a hospital in Moradabad, she said.
The couple had eloped nearly eight months ago and after entering into a wedlock, they had started living in the nearby Sambal town, Goswami said.
They were coming to their native village when they were attacked, Goswami said, adding that five members of the girl`s family have been booked on grounds of suspicion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you