Man found dead, dishonour killing suspected in UP
Rampur (UP): In a suspected case of dishonour killing, a 35-year-old man was killed and his wife injured after the girl`s family members attacked the couple for marrying against their wishes, police said.
Body of Samshi was found Wednesday with bullet wounds in Chakseri village of the district and according to ASP Sadhana Goswami, he was killed by girl`s family members for marrying against their wishes.
The girl, who was injured in the attack, has been referred to a hospital in Moradabad, she said.
The couple had eloped nearly eight months ago and after entering into a wedlock, they had started living in the nearby Sambal town, Goswami said.
They were coming to their native village when they were attacked, Goswami said, adding that five members of the girl`s family have been booked on grounds of suspicion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef