Man found dead, dishonour killing suspected in UP
Rampur (UP): In a suspected case of dishonour killing, a 35-year-old man was killed and his wife injured after the girl`s family members attacked the couple for marrying against their wishes, police said.
Body of Samshi was found Wednesday with bullet wounds in Chakseri village of the district and according to ASP Sadhana Goswami, he was killed by girl`s family members for marrying against their wishes.
The girl, who was injured in the attack, has been referred to a hospital in Moradabad, she said.
The couple had eloped nearly eight months ago and after entering into a wedlock, they had started living in the nearby Sambal town, Goswami said.
They were coming to their native village when they were attacked, Goswami said, adding that five members of the girl`s family have been booked on grounds of suspicion.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?