Man found hanging in police lock-up, torture alleged
Ghaziabad: A person, arrested in connection with the murder of a CISF constable and his wife, was on Sunday found hanging in the toilet of a police lock-up here.
While a fellow prisoner has alleged that the victim was tortured to death, police ruled out the charges, saying he committed suicide.
Victim Vineet Sharma, brother-in-law of the slain constable, was arrested by Indirapuram Police along with one more person Narendra.
SSP Nitin Tiwari ruled out allegations of custodial death, saying that Vineet committed suicide and the post-mortem report will bring out the truth.
Stressing that a thorough inquiry will be conducted into the matter, Tiwari said no departmental official will be spared if found guilty.
Narendra, however, has alleged that they were given third degree torture and Vineet died of electric shocks.
Constable Suresh Kumar Sharma and his wife Babli were found dead in the CISF staff quarters on April 24.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!