Man found hanging in police lock-up, torture alleged
Ghaziabad: A person, arrested in connection with the murder of a CISF constable and his wife, was on Sunday found hanging in the toilet of a police lock-up here.
While a fellow prisoner has alleged that the victim was tortured to death, police ruled out the charges, saying he committed suicide.
Victim Vineet Sharma, brother-in-law of the slain constable, was arrested by Indirapuram Police along with one more person Narendra.
SSP Nitin Tiwari ruled out allegations of custodial death, saying that Vineet committed suicide and the post-mortem report will bring out the truth.
Stressing that a thorough inquiry will be conducted into the matter, Tiwari said no departmental official will be spared if found guilty.
Narendra, however, has alleged that they were given third degree torture and Vineet died of electric shocks.
Constable Suresh Kumar Sharma and his wife Babli were found dead in the CISF staff quarters on April 24.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption