Man gets 10-year jail for raping minor girl
Bahraich: A man has been sentenced to ten years rigorous imprisonment by a local court for raping a six-year-old girl.
Additional Sessions Judge Subedar Yadav after hearing both the sides sentenced Rehan to ten years rigorous imprisonment on Saturday.
In March 2007, Rehan raped the victim in Fakarpur area and the girl`s mother lodged an FIR against him, prosecution sources said.
The judge has also imposed a penalty of Rs 10,000 to the convict.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test