Man gets 7 years in jail for rape of minor girl
Kanpur: A local court has sentenced a man to seven years in prison for raping a minor girl in a seven-year-old case.
According to the prosecution, Niraj alias Rajesh Gupta, a resident of Juhi locality, had in September 2006 enticed a 17-year-old girl in his neighbourhood to elope with him. He later raped her promising to marry her.
Thereafter, for three months, he travelled with the girl to such places as Allahabad and Mumbai before being apprehended by police from near a bus terminus in Kanpur in December.
The girl`s father had registered a complaint over her disappearance.
The court of the Additional District Judge yesterday sentenced Gupta to seven years imprisonment and also imposed a fine of Rs 10,000 on him after holding him guilty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?