Man gets 7 years in jail for rape of minor girl
Kanpur: A local court has sentenced a man to seven years in prison for raping a minor girl in a seven-year-old case.
According to the prosecution, Niraj alias Rajesh Gupta, a resident of Juhi locality, had in September 2006 enticed a 17-year-old girl in his neighbourhood to elope with him. He later raped her promising to marry her.
Thereafter, for three months, he travelled with the girl to such places as Allahabad and Mumbai before being apprehended by police from near a bus terminus in Kanpur in December.
The girl`s father had registered a complaint over her disappearance.
The court of the Additional District Judge yesterday sentenced Gupta to seven years imprisonment and also imposed a fine of Rs 10,000 on him after holding him guilty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid