Man gets death penalty for killing wife, son in UP
Azamgarh (UP): A local court on Wednesday awarded death penalty to a person for killing his wife and two-year-old son in Kamraini village of the district three years ago.
Convict Dharmendra had hacked to death his wife and son with a sharp-edged weapon on October 26, 2009, following a dispute between the couple over his wife`s suspected extra-marital affair.
Dharmendra was arrested on a complaint lodged by woman`s brother, prosecution sources said.
After hearing both sides, Additional District and Sessions Judge S P Anand awarded death sentence to Dharmendra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part IV
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part II
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen