Man gets life sentence after 19-year of trial
Mainpuri(UP): A local court on Saturday sentenced a
man to life imprisonment in a 19-year-old murder case.
Additional district and sessions judge Lallu Singh
convicted Mukesh and also slapped a fine of Rs 70,000 on him.
Kamlesh Kumar of Kharagjit Nagar area was killed by
Mukesh on August 25, 1992 in the district, the prosecution
After a complaint by elder brother of the deceased, an
FIR was registered and after investigation police filed
charge-sheet against three persons including Mukesh Kumar,
Rakesh and Sunil Kumar.
Rakesh Kumar was acquitted by the court for want of
evidence while the third accused Sunil Kumar died during the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi