Man gets life sentence after 19-year of trial
Mainpuri(UP): A local court on Saturday sentenced a
man to life imprisonment in a 19-year-old murder case.
Additional district and sessions judge Lallu Singh
convicted Mukesh and also slapped a fine of Rs 70,000 on him.
Kamlesh Kumar of Kharagjit Nagar area was killed by
Mukesh on August 25, 1992 in the district, the prosecution
After a complaint by elder brother of the deceased, an
FIR was registered and after investigation police filed
charge-sheet against three persons including Mukesh Kumar,
Rakesh and Sunil Kumar.
Rakesh Kumar was acquitted by the court for want of
evidence while the third accused Sunil Kumar died during the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vidya Balan looks enchanting as Geeta Bali in 'Ekk Albela' poster! – View pic
- Mark Zuckerberg to connect with ISS astronauts via Facebook Live
- Top aide of Hizb-ul-Mujahideen commander surrenders in Kashmir
- Darshan Kumaar, Randeep Hooda and Vijender Singh showcase 'Jat power punch'! See pic
- Fifty years after his death, VD Savarkar trending on Twitter: Know why