Man gets life sentence after 19-year of trial
Mainpuri(UP): A local court on Saturday sentenced a
man to life imprisonment in a 19-year-old murder case.
Additional district and sessions judge Lallu Singh
convicted Mukesh and also slapped a fine of Rs 70,000 on him.
Kamlesh Kumar of Kharagjit Nagar area was killed by
Mukesh on August 25, 1992 in the district, the prosecution
After a complaint by elder brother of the deceased, an
FIR was registered and after investigation police filed
charge-sheet against three persons including Mukesh Kumar,
Rakesh and Sunil Kumar.
Rakesh Kumar was acquitted by the court for want of
evidence while the third accused Sunil Kumar died during the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!