Man gets life term for raping minor in UP
Bhadohi: A local court has awarded life sentence to a 45-year-old man for raping a minor here, about four years ago.
Additional District and Sessions Judge Ashok Kumar yesterday sent Mobin to life imprisonment for raping a 16-year-old girl in Aurai area here.
The court has also imposed a fine of Rs 25,000 on the accused.
Mobin had raped the girl on September 4 in 2010. Later, the victim`s mother had lodged an FIR in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes