Man gets ten years RI for raping kin`s daughter
Chhattarpur: A person was sentenced to 10 years of rigorous imprisonment by a local court for raping a nine-year-old girl in 2011.
The sentence was awarded by District and Sessions Judge Vimal Kumar Jain yesterday to Ram Kishore Soni (35) of Chahtara village in Banda district of Uttar Pradesh for raping the minor daughter of his relative at the latter`s house in Gaurihar block here, prosecution said.
Soni raped the victim on October 16, 2011, when she was alone upstairs. Later when the little girl narrated the incident to her parents, they caught him and handed him over to the police.
After a year-long trial, the judge sentenced Soni to rigorous imprisonment and also imposed a fine of Rs 10,000 under sections 376 (2)(F) of the IPC.
In the event of the rapist not depositing the fine, he has to undergo additional two years imprisonment, the court said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical