Man gets ten years RI for raping kin`s daughter
Chhattarpur: A person was sentenced to 10 years of rigorous imprisonment by a local court for raping a nine-year-old girl in 2011.
The sentence was awarded by District and Sessions Judge Vimal Kumar Jain yesterday to Ram Kishore Soni (35) of Chahtara village in Banda district of Uttar Pradesh for raping the minor daughter of his relative at the latter`s house in Gaurihar block here, prosecution said.
Soni raped the victim on October 16, 2011, when she was alone upstairs. Later when the little girl narrated the incident to her parents, they caught him and handed him over to the police.
After a year-long trial, the judge sentenced Soni to rigorous imprisonment and also imposed a fine of Rs 10,000 under sections 376 (2)(F) of the IPC.
In the event of the rapist not depositing the fine, he has to undergo additional two years imprisonment, the court said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice