Man gets ten years RI for raping kin`s daughter
Chhattarpur: A person was sentenced to 10 years of rigorous imprisonment by a local court for raping a nine-year-old girl in 2011.
The sentence was awarded by District and Sessions Judge Vimal Kumar Jain yesterday to Ram Kishore Soni (35) of Chahtara village in Banda district of Uttar Pradesh for raping the minor daughter of his relative at the latter`s house in Gaurihar block here, prosecution said.
Soni raped the victim on October 16, 2011, when she was alone upstairs. Later when the little girl narrated the incident to her parents, they caught him and handed him over to the police.
After a year-long trial, the judge sentenced Soni to rigorous imprisonment and also imposed a fine of Rs 10,000 under sections 376 (2)(F) of the IPC.
In the event of the rapist not depositing the fine, he has to undergo additional two years imprisonment, the court said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- In or out? Did Sidhu really quit BJP and join AAP!
- Rajnath Singh sends out stern message to Pakistan, says 'we don't need third party in Kashmir'
- Declare India a 'Hindu state', says Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackeray
- AN-32 search still on, ISRO satellite imagery sought
- What is the purpose of human life—Know here!