Man gets ten years RI for raping kin`s daughter
Chhattarpur: A person was sentenced to 10 years of rigorous imprisonment by a local court for raping a nine-year-old girl in 2011.
The sentence was awarded by District and Sessions Judge Vimal Kumar Jain yesterday to Ram Kishore Soni (35) of Chahtara village in Banda district of Uttar Pradesh for raping the minor daughter of his relative at the latter`s house in Gaurihar block here, prosecution said.
Soni raped the victim on October 16, 2011, when she was alone upstairs. Later when the little girl narrated the incident to her parents, they caught him and handed him over to the police.
After a year-long trial, the judge sentenced Soni to rigorous imprisonment and also imposed a fine of Rs 10,000 under sections 376 (2)(F) of the IPC.
In the event of the rapist not depositing the fine, he has to undergo additional two years imprisonment, the court said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video