Man gets ten years RI for raping kin`s daughter
Chhattarpur: A person was sentenced to 10 years of rigorous imprisonment by a local court for raping a nine-year-old girl in 2011.
The sentence was awarded by District and Sessions Judge Vimal Kumar Jain yesterday to Ram Kishore Soni (35) of Chahtara village in Banda district of Uttar Pradesh for raping the minor daughter of his relative at the latter`s house in Gaurihar block here, prosecution said.
Soni raped the victim on October 16, 2011, when she was alone upstairs. Later when the little girl narrated the incident to her parents, they caught him and handed him over to the police.
After a year-long trial, the judge sentenced Soni to rigorous imprisonment and also imposed a fine of Rs 10,000 under sections 376 (2)(F) of the IPC.
In the event of the rapist not depositing the fine, he has to undergo additional two years imprisonment, the court said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive