Man held for pasting inflammatory posters
Kanpur: A man has been arrested in Uttar Pradesh`s Kanpur city for pasting inflammatory posters on the walls of the district court premises, officials said on Tuesday.
Ashish Pandey, a resident of Gwaltoli locality, was arrested on Monday. He got the posters printed and then pasted them on the court`s wall.
The posters had inflammatory content and targeted a specific community, police said. It also spoke of a shutdown in the city on Wednesday.
As soon as the posters were spotted by police, they removed them and launched a manhunt.
Pandey was arrested after the local intelligence unit spotted him. He will be charged under the National Security Act. A search is also on to identify and arrest the printer of the posters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Land of believers! Out of 1.2 billion people, only 33,000 are atheists in India
- Hafiz Saeed is overseeing attacks by ISIS fighters in Afghanistan?
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan government may appeal against Salman Khan's acquittal
- 'Michael Jackson died a vulnerable man'
- Kunis, Kutcher bought wedding rings on e-commerce site