Man held for pasting inflammatory posters
Kanpur: A man has been arrested in Uttar Pradesh`s Kanpur city for pasting inflammatory posters on the walls of the district court premises, officials said on Tuesday.
Ashish Pandey, a resident of Gwaltoli locality, was arrested on Monday. He got the posters printed and then pasted them on the court`s wall.
The posters had inflammatory content and targeted a specific community, police said. It also spoke of a shutdown in the city on Wednesday.
As soon as the posters were spotted by police, they removed them and launched a manhunt.
Pandey was arrested after the local intelligence unit spotted him. He will be charged under the National Security Act. A search is also on to identify and arrest the printer of the posters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder