Man held for pasting inflammatory posters
Kanpur: A man has been arrested in Uttar Pradesh`s Kanpur city for pasting inflammatory posters on the walls of the district court premises, officials said on Tuesday.
Ashish Pandey, a resident of Gwaltoli locality, was arrested on Monday. He got the posters printed and then pasted them on the court`s wall.
The posters had inflammatory content and targeted a specific community, police said. It also spoke of a shutdown in the city on Wednesday.
As soon as the posters were spotted by police, they removed them and launched a manhunt.
Pandey was arrested after the local intelligence unit spotted him. He will be charged under the National Security Act. A search is also on to identify and arrest the printer of the posters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations