Man held for pasting inflammatory posters
Kanpur: A man has been arrested in Uttar Pradesh`s Kanpur city for pasting inflammatory posters on the walls of the district court premises, officials said on Tuesday.
Ashish Pandey, a resident of Gwaltoli locality, was arrested on Monday. He got the posters printed and then pasted them on the court`s wall.
The posters had inflammatory content and targeted a specific community, police said. It also spoke of a shutdown in the city on Wednesday.
As soon as the posters were spotted by police, they removed them and launched a manhunt.
Pandey was arrested after the local intelligence unit spotted him. He will be charged under the National Security Act. A search is also on to identify and arrest the printer of the posters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indians face public wrath in Congo after Congolese national bludgeoned to death in Delhi; govt rejects racism claims
- Trump denounces illegal immigrants as tensions flare
- Regardless of N-deal, primary American embargo on Iran to stay: US Treasury Department
- UK PM Cameron says EU referendum turnout is greatest concern for 'In'
- US states sue White House over transgender bathroom use