Man held for posing as cop, duping 2 of Rs 1.6 lakh
Gorakhpur (UP): A man has been arrested for allegedly impersonating a policeman and duping two youths of Rs 1.6 lakh on the pretext of getting them a job in Railways, police said today.
Ravindra Yadav alias Pawan Yadav was nabbed near SSP office in collectorate campus here yesterday, police said.
Naresh Yadav of Khajani and Shailesh Kumar of Talanwar village told police that Ravindra had told them a few months ago he was in police service and would help them in getting the job.
After taking Rs 1.6 lakh from them for this purpose, he stopped picking up their calls, they said.
The victims yesterday spotted Ravindra near SSP`s office and handed him over to police.
The accused told police that he had an ambition of becoming a police officer, failing which he got the uniform and tried to pose as a police sub-inspector.
A police cap and uniform has been recovered from his bag, they said, adding that police has registered a case against him and sent him to jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video