Man held with fake currency in UP
Lucknow: A 35-year-old man was arrested with fake currency notes totalling Rs.50,000 in Uttar Pradesh`s Ramabai Nagar district, police said on Monday.
Rizwan Ahmad, a native of Uttar Pradesh, was nabbed from Mangalpur area, 130 km from here, late Sunday.
"On a tip-off, we along with Special Operation Group (SOG) sleuths arrested Rizwan while he was on his way to hand over the fake notes to some of his clients," said police spokesperson Virendra Singh.
According to police, preliminary investigations indicate Ahmad used to operate in Bihar, Uttarakhand, Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred