Man held with fake currency in UP
Lucknow: A 35-year-old man was arrested with fake currency notes totalling Rs.50,000 in Uttar Pradesh`s Ramabai Nagar district, police said on Monday.
Rizwan Ahmad, a native of Uttar Pradesh, was nabbed from Mangalpur area, 130 km from here, late Sunday.
"On a tip-off, we along with Special Operation Group (SOG) sleuths arrested Rizwan while he was on his way to hand over the fake notes to some of his clients," said police spokesperson Virendra Singh.
According to police, preliminary investigations indicate Ahmad used to operate in Bihar, Uttarakhand, Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister