Man held with fake currency in UP
Lucknow: A 35-year-old man was arrested with fake currency notes totalling Rs.50,000 in Uttar Pradesh`s Ramabai Nagar district, police said on Monday.
Rizwan Ahmad, a native of Uttar Pradesh, was nabbed from Mangalpur area, 130 km from here, late Sunday.
"On a tip-off, we along with Special Operation Group (SOG) sleuths arrested Rizwan while he was on his way to hand over the fake notes to some of his clients," said police spokesperson Virendra Singh.
According to police, preliminary investigations indicate Ahmad used to operate in Bihar, Uttarakhand, Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened