Man held with fake currency in UP
Lucknow: A 35-year-old man was arrested with fake currency notes totalling Rs.50,000 in Uttar Pradesh`s Ramabai Nagar district, police said on Monday.
Rizwan Ahmad, a native of Uttar Pradesh, was nabbed from Mangalpur area, 130 km from here, late Sunday.
"On a tip-off, we along with Special Operation Group (SOG) sleuths arrested Rizwan while he was on his way to hand over the fake notes to some of his clients," said police spokesperson Virendra Singh.
According to police, preliminary investigations indicate Ahmad used to operate in Bihar, Uttarakhand, Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming