Man held with fake currency in UP
Lucknow: A 35-year-old man was arrested with fake currency notes totalling Rs.50,000 in Uttar Pradesh`s Ramabai Nagar district, police said on Monday.
Rizwan Ahmad, a native of Uttar Pradesh, was nabbed from Mangalpur area, 130 km from here, late Sunday.
"On a tip-off, we along with Special Operation Group (SOG) sleuths arrested Rizwan while he was on his way to hand over the fake notes to some of his clients," said police spokesperson Virendra Singh.
According to police, preliminary investigations indicate Ahmad used to operate in Bihar, Uttarakhand, Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi