Man jumps into Noon river to save son, drowns
Kanpur: A man died while trying to save his son from drowning in Noon river at Chaubeypur area of the district, police said today.
Raju, a resident of Prempur village, was crossing a makeshift bridge along with his children - Mayank (9) and Prachi (7) to drop them to school yesterday, when his son accidentally fell into the river, they said.
Raju jumped into the river to save his son.
The villagers present nearby rushed to the river and rescued Mayanak but could not save his father.
Raju`s body was later found near Markhara bridge.
Annoyed over the issue the villagers held a protest, which was later called off after district authorities assured them to provide a compensation to Raju`s family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!