Man jumps into Noon river to save son, drowns
Kanpur: A man died while trying to save his son from drowning in Noon river at Chaubeypur area of the district, police said today.
Raju, a resident of Prempur village, was crossing a makeshift bridge along with his children - Mayank (9) and Prachi (7) to drop them to school yesterday, when his son accidentally fell into the river, they said.
Raju jumped into the river to save his son.
The villagers present nearby rushed to the river and rescued Mayanak but could not save his father.
Raju`s body was later found near Markhara bridge.
Annoyed over the issue the villagers held a protest, which was later called off after district authorities assured them to provide a compensation to Raju`s family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing