Man jumps into Noon river to save son, drowns
Kanpur: A man died while trying to save his son from drowning in Noon river at Chaubeypur area of the district, police said today.
Raju, a resident of Prempur village, was crossing a makeshift bridge along with his children - Mayank (9) and Prachi (7) to drop them to school yesterday, when his son accidentally fell into the river, they said.
Raju jumped into the river to save his son.
The villagers present nearby rushed to the river and rescued Mayanak but could not save his father.
Raju`s body was later found near Markhara bridge.
Annoyed over the issue the villagers held a protest, which was later called off after district authorities assured them to provide a compensation to Raju`s family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price