Man jumps to death before train in Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad: A 55-year-old man allegedly committed suicide by jumping in front of a running train in Kaushambi area, police said on Wednesday.
The deceased, identified as Balram, a resident of Hasanpur area in Sahibabad, jumped to death before a passenger train near Mohan Nagar railway line, they said.
Balram was taken to a nearby hospital where he was declared dead.
According to the police, a suicide note was recovered from Balram`s body, stating that he was depressed over his illness for a long time and no one should be held responsible for his death.
"Police got information about a man`s death on track near Mohan Nagar railway line. Balram`s son Pardeep identified his father`s body," a police officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls