Man killed for objecting to eve-teasing with sister
Etawah: A youth was beaten to death allegedly by three persons when he objected to their eve-teasing his sister in Bharthana area.
Agitated over the incident, locals placed the youth`s body on Etawah-Lucknow highway near Bharthana crossing this morning and blocked the road, police said.
Pankaj Yadav (18) entered into an argument with three youths after he objected to eve-teasing with his cousin sister near Bharthana Usrahar bus station on Wednesday evening.
During the dispute, the youths allegedly assaulted Pankaj with sticks, police said, adding, he was seriously injured in the attack.
Later, Pankaj died during treatment at Agra hospital. Four persons have been booked in connection with the murder, police said.
Meanwhile, protesters alleged that though Pankaj`s sister requested, police did not turn up and after the incident and even refused to lodge an FIR when the victim was taken to the police station.
They demanded suspension of policemen for the alleged laxity.
Later, PWD minister and local MLA Shivpal Singh Yadav reached the spot and assured action against the policemen.
The minister also assured financial aid to Pankaj`s family after which the jam was cleared.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!