Man killed for objecting to eve-teasing with sister
Etawah: A youth was beaten to death allegedly by three persons when he objected to their eve-teasing his sister in Bharthana area.
Agitated over the incident, locals placed the youth`s body on Etawah-Lucknow highway near Bharthana crossing this morning and blocked the road, police said.
Pankaj Yadav (18) entered into an argument with three youths after he objected to eve-teasing with his cousin sister near Bharthana Usrahar bus station on Wednesday evening.
During the dispute, the youths allegedly assaulted Pankaj with sticks, police said, adding, he was seriously injured in the attack.
Later, Pankaj died during treatment at Agra hospital. Four persons have been booked in connection with the murder, police said.
Meanwhile, protesters alleged that though Pankaj`s sister requested, police did not turn up and after the incident and even refused to lodge an FIR when the victim was taken to the police station.
They demanded suspension of policemen for the alleged laxity.
Later, PWD minister and local MLA Shivpal Singh Yadav reached the spot and assured action against the policemen.
The minister also assured financial aid to Pankaj`s family after which the jam was cleared.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price