Man killed in dishonour killing, alleges wife
Bulandshahr (UP): The wife of the 29-year-old youth, who was allegedly shot dead in Adoli village here on Thursday last, Monday alleged that her family members were behind the death of her husband.
According to the Abdul Hakim`s wife Mahvish, the victim was shot dead by her family members on November 22 after he had just entered the village along with her and their two-year-old daughter.
However, the police claimed that it was not a case of honour killing as none of the accused named in the FIR by the deceased`s brother was from Mahvish side.
Mahvish had eloped with Hakim in October 2010 after which the couple got married and were staying in Delhi following opposition from the former`s family, police said.
The couple was here in the village to visit Mahvish`s ailing relatives.
Hakim has also participated in one of the episode of `Satyamev Jayate`, hosted by actor Aamir Khan, to speak against the the menace of honor killing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?