Man killed in dishonour killing, alleges wife
Bulandshahr (UP): The wife of the 29-year-old youth, who was allegedly shot dead in Adoli village here on Thursday last, Monday alleged that her family members were behind the death of her husband.
According to the Abdul Hakim`s wife Mahvish, the victim was shot dead by her family members on November 22 after he had just entered the village along with her and their two-year-old daughter.
However, the police claimed that it was not a case of honour killing as none of the accused named in the FIR by the deceased`s brother was from Mahvish side.
Mahvish had eloped with Hakim in October 2010 after which the couple got married and were staying in Delhi following opposition from the former`s family, police said.
The couple was here in the village to visit Mahvish`s ailing relatives.
Hakim has also participated in one of the episode of `Satyamev Jayate`, hosted by actor Aamir Khan, to speak against the the menace of honor killing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack