Man kills girl for spurning his friendship
Lucknow: A man gunned down a teenaged girl allegedly after she spurned his friendship, and later shot himself here on Friday, police said. He is being treated at a trauma centre.
Ashish Kumar, 24, shot dead an 18-year-old student of New Public Inter College in Krishnanagar locality here.
According to police, Ashish killed the girl after having an altercation with her over accepting his friendship proposal. Later, he shot at himself.
The condition of Ashish, who is believed to be a neighbour of the girl, is "extremely serious", police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa