Man kills kids, commits suicide in UP
Lucknow: Depressed over his wife having an extramarital affair, a man allegedly killed his three children and later committed suicide in Uttar Pradesh`s Sonbhadra district, police said here today.
The incident took place yesterday at Robertsganj area.
The man along with his three children, aged between one and four years, had gone to his in-laws house in Maholia village on May 8. Last night he took his children out on the pretext of buying confectionery and later strangulated them, IG (law and order) R K Vishwakarma said.
The man later committed suicide by jumping in front of a moving vehicle, he said.
His wife was having an illicit relationship with her sister`s husband and that was the reason for the man committing the crimes, the IG said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list