Man kills nephew over relationship with daughter in Meerut
Meerut: A man allegedly beat up his nephew with the help of some accomplices and got him crushed under a truck as he was opposed to the youth`s relationship with his daughter, police said on Sunday.
The deceased`s angry relatives blocked road with his body and pelted stones at vehicles, police said.
Aadil (25) was in a relationship with daughter of his uncle Anees, they said.
Anees was opposed to this, and asked Aadil to discontinue his relationship, but he did not listen, they said.
Anees beat up Aadil last night with the help of his accomplices and later, tied up his hands and legs and crushed him under a truck, police said, adding that they left his body on the road where it was found this morning.
The victim`s father registered a complaint against Anees, Rahisuddin, Noor Alam and Shah Alam, they said.
The accused were initially absconding, but later Anees surrendered in front of DIG, they said.
A search is on for the remaining accused and the matter is being probed, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security