Man kills wife for "chatting with other men" over phone, FB
Kanpur: Angry with his wife for "chatting with other men" over phone and social networking websites, a man allegedly pushed her in the Ganges leading to her death.
The accused - Ravi Chaurasia - married the victim, Rubi, after his first wife left him along with their baby two years ago, police said today.
Chaurasia claimed Rubi used to chat with other men over phone and Facebook which led to frequent fights between them.
During one such fight yesterday on Ganga Barrage, Ravi pushed her in the river after she threatened to jump into it.
Ravi, who was trying to flee, was caught by onlookers and handed over to the cops, a police official said.
Rubi`s body was found floating in the river late last night, he said, adding, Ravi has been put behind bars and a case has been registered against him under relevant sections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi