Man kills wife for "chatting with other men" over phone, FB
Kanpur: Angry with his wife for "chatting with other men" over phone and social networking websites, a man allegedly pushed her in the Ganges leading to her death.
The accused - Ravi Chaurasia - married the victim, Rubi, after his first wife left him along with their baby two years ago, police said today.
Chaurasia claimed Rubi used to chat with other men over phone and Facebook which led to frequent fights between them.
During one such fight yesterday on Ganga Barrage, Ravi pushed her in the river after she threatened to jump into it.
Ravi, who was trying to flee, was caught by onlookers and handed over to the cops, a police official said.
Rubi`s body was found floating in the river late last night, he said, adding, Ravi has been put behind bars and a case has been registered against him under relevant sections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with India's first NBA player Satnam Singh
- Bombay HC allows Nestle to export Maggi noodles
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra