Man kills wife over illicit affair in UP
Meerut: Suspecting his wife to be in an illicit relationship, a man allegedly shot her dead at Sarthana area here, police said on Thursday.
After the incident, the accused surrendered himself to the police. They also recovered a sharp weapon from him.
According to the police, 39-year-old Sanjay, a resident of Mulheda village, suspected his wife Jogindiri of having an illicit relationship.
Last night, Sanjay shot Jogindiri in her chest after a both of them quarrelled over her alleged affair.
The accused has been arrested and sent to police custody.
Meanwhile, family members of the victim informed police that Sanjay killed their daughter in an inebriated condition as he is an alcoholic and she opposed it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi