Man kills wife, self; woman`s family suspect foul play in Meerut
Meerut: A man allegedly killed his six months pregnant wife and then committed suicide by hanging himself in Ghaat village in the district, police said on Sunday.
Pramod killed Hema and then hanged himself at his house, police said.
The man`s family cremated the bodies without informing the police, they said.
The girl`s relatives, however, claimed that she was killed for dowry and that Pramod faked his own death to escape arrest, they said.
Based on their complaint, a case has been lodged against Pramod and four family members, police said, adding, the matter is being probed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list