Man kills wife, self; woman`s family suspect foul play in Meerut
Meerut: A man allegedly killed his six months pregnant wife and then committed suicide by hanging himself in Ghaat village in the district, police said on Sunday.
Pramod killed Hema and then hanged himself at his house, police said.
The man`s family cremated the bodies without informing the police, they said.
The girl`s relatives, however, claimed that she was killed for dowry and that Pramod faked his own death to escape arrest, they said.
Based on their complaint, a case has been lodged against Pramod and four family members, police said, adding, the matter is being probed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!