Man kills wife, self; woman`s family suspect foul play
Meerut: A man allegedly killed his six months pregnant wife and then committed suicide by hanging himself in Ghaat village in the district, police said on Monday.
Pramod killed Hema and then hanged himself at his house, police said.
The man`s family cremated the bodies without informing the police, they said.
The girl`s relatives, however, claimed that she was killed for dowry and that Pramod faked his own death to escape arrest, they said.
Based on their complaint, a case has been lodged against Pramod and four family members, police said, adding, the matter is being probed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!