Man kills wife, self; woman`s family suspect foul play
Meerut: A man allegedly killed his six months pregnant wife and then committed suicide by hanging himself in Ghaat village in the district, police said on Monday.
Pramod killed Hema and then hanged himself at his house, police said.
The man`s family cremated the bodies without informing the police, they said.
The girl`s relatives, however, claimed that she was killed for dowry and that Pramod faked his own death to escape arrest, they said.
Based on their complaint, a case has been lodged against Pramod and four family members, police said, adding, the matter is being probed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- Institute of Company Secretaries of India Result 2016; Check icsi.edu for ICSI CS Executive Result 2016 declared
- Avoid getting sick this monsoon with these top health tips!
- Child swept away in water, parts of Malda face flood fury
- A Flying Jatt movie review: Tiger Shroff as a desi superhero is adorable enough to emerge as children's favourite
- REVEALED: At her witty best, Smriti Irani shares why she worked at McDonald's