Man murders wife over dowry in Lucknow
Lucknow: A man stabbed his wife to death on Monday over non-fulfilment of his dowry demands, police said.
Bhola stabbed his wife Aarti several times with a kitchen knife in the Mall area after a brief altercation, police said.
He was arrested on the basis of a complaint filed by Aarti`s family under the dowry prohibition law, police said.
Superintendent of Police (Rural) Saumitra Yadav said that the accused married Aarti, a resident of Hardoi, an year back and had been harassing her over dowry since then.
The woman had complained to her kin about her being beaten frequently over dowry but the matter was settled between the families, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming