Man murders wife over dowry in Lucknow
Lucknow: A man stabbed his wife to death on Monday over non-fulfilment of his dowry demands, police said.
Bhola stabbed his wife Aarti several times with a kitchen knife in the Mall area after a brief altercation, police said.
He was arrested on the basis of a complaint filed by Aarti`s family under the dowry prohibition law, police said.
Superintendent of Police (Rural) Saumitra Yadav said that the accused married Aarti, a resident of Hardoi, an year back and had been harassing her over dowry since then.
The woman had complained to her kin about her being beaten frequently over dowry but the matter was settled between the families, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video