Man rapes teenage daughter, gets her pregnant
Meerut: A 16-year-old girl was allegedly raped several times by her father, following which she became pregnant, police said on Monday.
The matter came to light when neighbours noticed that the girl was seven months pregnant and enquired about her, police said.
The victim told them that her father had established physical relations with her and threatened her not to reveal about it to anyone, they said.
The girl, accompanied by her uncle, lodged police complaint against her 40-year-old father on Sunday, on the basis of which a case of rape was lodged against him, they said, adding that the accused is absconding.
According to the girl`s complaint, her father forced her into having sexual relations with him and threatened to kill her if she told about it to anyone, police said.
He also did not allow her to leave the house, but neighbours noticed that she was pregnant and asked about it, following which she told them about her ordeal, police said.
The victim`s statement would be recorded and her medical examination would be conducted after which she would be brought before a court, they said.
SSP Omkar Singh refuted reports that a local Panchayat had asked the victim to live as the accused`s wife and told them to leave the village.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report