Man rapes teenage daughter, gets her pregnant
Meerut: A 16-year-old girl was allegedly raped several times by her father, following which she became pregnant, police said on Monday.
The matter came to light when neighbours noticed that the girl was seven months pregnant and enquired about her, police said.
The victim told them that her father had established physical relations with her and threatened her not to reveal about it to anyone, they said.
The girl, accompanied by her uncle, lodged police complaint against her 40-year-old father on Sunday, on the basis of which a case of rape was lodged against him, they said, adding that the accused is absconding.
According to the girl`s complaint, her father forced her into having sexual relations with him and threatened to kill her if she told about it to anyone, police said.
He also did not allow her to leave the house, but neighbours noticed that she was pregnant and asked about it, following which she told them about her ordeal, police said.
The victim`s statement would be recorded and her medical examination would be conducted after which she would be brought before a court, they said.
SSP Omkar Singh refuted reports that a local Panchayat had asked the victim to live as the accused`s wife and told them to leave the village.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir