Man rapes teenage daughter, gets her pregnant
Meerut: A 16-year-old girl was allegedly raped several times by her father, following which she became pregnant, police said on Monday.
The matter came to light when neighbours noticed that the girl was seven months pregnant and enquired about her, police said.
The victim told them that her father had established physical relations with her and threatened her not to reveal about it to anyone, they said.
The girl, accompanied by her uncle, lodged police complaint against her 40-year-old father on Sunday, on the basis of which a case of rape was lodged against him, they said, adding that the accused is absconding.
According to the girl`s complaint, her father forced her into having sexual relations with him and threatened to kill her if she told about it to anyone, police said.
He also did not allow her to leave the house, but neighbours noticed that she was pregnant and asked about it, following which she told them about her ordeal, police said.
The victim`s statement would be recorded and her medical examination would be conducted after which she would be brought before a court, they said.
SSP Omkar Singh refuted reports that a local Panchayat had asked the victim to live as the accused`s wife and told them to leave the village.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- LIVE: After surgical strikes by Indian Army, Nawaz Sharif says Pakistan wants peace
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’