`Man se hain Mulayam` tops SP campaign material
Lucknow: Formally launching its election campaign material for the Lok Sabha polls, Samajwadi Party state president and Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav today released advertisements to be run on various television channels.
"We are releasing advertisements to be run on various channels in the coming days after seeking permission from the Election Commission," the Chief Minister told reporters.
Akhilesh said the party was not only first in organising rallies and declaring candidates, but also ahead of other parties in releasing campaign material.
On the occasion, he released a digital card, which, while opening, shows video of party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav and highlights schemes by the SP government.
Besides this, he also released CD having six songs, including the "Man se hain Mulayam, irade lohe hain" (He is soft-hearted but iron-willed) one which will be used for promotion of party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav.
The song, whose lines have been made the punchline in all the advertisements of the party dotting the state, also features names of prominent socialist leaders.
The SP has also bought rights to Billy Joel`s popular song "We didn`t Start the Fire" and adapted it into Hindi to promote party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav in the 2014 general elections.
The lyrics of the song has been written by Mulayam`s teacher Udai Pratap Singh, a former Rajya Sabha MP and chairman of the UP Hindi Sansthan having cabinet minister status.
Bollywood playback singer Javed Ali has lent his voice for the adaption which lists welfare schemes of the Akhilesh Yadav government.
Besides this, the CD includes other songs which promote the party and its poll symbol "cycle".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video