Man sent to 7-year RI for raping grand daughter in Bijnor
Bijnor: A fast track court here has sentenced a 65-year-old man to seven-year rigorous imprisonment for raping his grand daughter and making her pregnant.
Judge Mitra Pal yesterday pronounced the accused guilty and sent him to 7-year jail term. A fine of Rs 8,000 was also slapped on him.
According to the prosecution, Khursheed Ahmad Ansari raped his 22-year-old grand daughter last year following which she became pregnant. The victim`s sister-in-law lodged a police complaint in this regard following which a DNA test was conducted on the accused which confirmed rape.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok