Man sentenced 10 yrs jail term for killing wife over dowry
Bahraich: A man was sentenced to 10 years in jail for killing his wife over dowry demand in 2005.
Additional Sessions Judge Utkarsh Dwiwedi sentenced Vyas Ojha to 10 years imprisonment and his parents Mathra Prasad and Shanti Devi to seven year jail term for killing Vyas`s wife Reena over dowry demand in 2005.
The court also imposed a penalty of Rs 6,000 each.
Reena (24) was killed by the trio in October 2005 in Visheshwarganj area over demand for a motorcycle and Rs 10,000 cash as dowry, prosecution sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!