Man sentenced 10 yrs jail term for killing wife over dowry
Bahraich: A man was sentenced to 10 years in jail for killing his wife over dowry demand in 2005.
Additional Sessions Judge Utkarsh Dwiwedi sentenced Vyas Ojha to 10 years imprisonment and his parents Mathra Prasad and Shanti Devi to seven year jail term for killing Vyas`s wife Reena over dowry demand in 2005.
The court also imposed a penalty of Rs 6,000 each.
Reena (24) was killed by the trio in October 2005 in Visheshwarganj area over demand for a motorcycle and Rs 10,000 cash as dowry, prosecution sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rio Olympics should be moved or postponed due to Zika, suggest experts
- Mehbooba Mufti hints no separate colonies for Kashmiri Pandits in J&K
- Bihar board Intermediate Result 2016 declared: Check BSEB 12th Result result at www.biharboard.ac.in, www.biharboard.bih.nic.in
- Chidambaram wonders if Modi govt 'deserves' RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan
- Iran`s supreme leader Khamenei warns of Western 'schemes' as new MPs meet