Man sentenced 10 yrs jail term for killing wife over dowry
Bahraich: A man was sentenced to 10 years in jail for killing his wife over dowry demand in 2005.
Additional Sessions Judge Utkarsh Dwiwedi sentenced Vyas Ojha to 10 years imprisonment and his parents Mathra Prasad and Shanti Devi to seven year jail term for killing Vyas`s wife Reena over dowry demand in 2005.
The court also imposed a penalty of Rs 6,000 each.
Reena (24) was killed by the trio in October 2005 in Visheshwarganj area over demand for a motorcycle and Rs 10,000 cash as dowry, prosecution sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP