Man sentenced 10 yrs jail term for killing wife over dowry
Bahraich: A man was sentenced to 10 years in jail for killing his wife over dowry demand in 2005.
Additional Sessions Judge Utkarsh Dwiwedi sentenced Vyas Ojha to 10 years imprisonment and his parents Mathra Prasad and Shanti Devi to seven year jail term for killing Vyas`s wife Reena over dowry demand in 2005.
The court also imposed a penalty of Rs 6,000 each.
Reena (24) was killed by the trio in October 2005 in Visheshwarganj area over demand for a motorcycle and Rs 10,000 cash as dowry, prosecution sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das