Man sentenced to 10 years for raping widow
Muzaffarnagar: A local court has sentenced a man to 10 years imprisonment for raping a widow.
Additional District Sessions judge, Ramesh Chand Diwaker yesterday convicted Dharmender and also imposed a fine of Rs 7,000 on him for raping the woman in August 2007.
According to prosecution, the accused had raped the woman in Jhal village in the district when she was alone at home and threatened to kill her if she told anyone about the incident.
Later, the victim`s brother-in-law registered a complaint against Dharmender.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices?
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part II
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part III
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?