Man sentenced to 10 years for raping widow
Muzaffarnagar: A local court has sentenced a man to 10 years imprisonment for raping a widow.
Additional District Sessions judge, Ramesh Chand Diwaker yesterday convicted Dharmender and also imposed a fine of Rs 7,000 on him for raping the woman in August 2007.
According to prosecution, the accused had raped the woman in Jhal village in the district when she was alone at home and threatened to kill her if she told anyone about the incident.
Later, the victim`s brother-in-law registered a complaint against Dharmender.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi