Man sentenced to 10 years for raping widow
Muzaffarnagar: A local court has sentenced a man to 10 years imprisonment for raping a widow.
Additional District Sessions judge, Ramesh Chand Diwaker yesterday convicted Dharmender and also imposed a fine of Rs 7,000 on him for raping the woman in August 2007.
According to prosecution, the accused had raped the woman in Jhal village in the district when she was alone at home and threatened to kill her if she told anyone about the incident.
Later, the victim`s brother-in-law registered a complaint against Dharmender.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof