Man sentenced to 10 years RI for raping woman
Ghaziabad: A fast track court here on Saturday sentenced a man to 10 years of rigorous imprisonment for raping a woman on the pretext of marrying her.
Judge RN Singh also imposed a fine of Rs 22,000 on Azad, a resident of Sahibabad.
According to prosecution, Azad raped Meenu on August 17, 2006, on the pretext of marrying her. The accused also accompanied Meenu to Hyderabad for their "honeymoon" but ignored her thereafter.
Meenu approached the police in this regard and Azad was later arrested, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred