Man sentenced to 10 years RI for raping woman
Ghaziabad: A fast track court here on Saturday sentenced a man to 10 years of rigorous imprisonment for raping a woman on the pretext of marrying her.
Judge RN Singh also imposed a fine of Rs 22,000 on Azad, a resident of Sahibabad.
According to prosecution, Azad raped Meenu on August 17, 2006, on the pretext of marrying her. The accused also accompanied Meenu to Hyderabad for their "honeymoon" but ignored her thereafter.
Meenu approached the police in this regard and Azad was later arrested, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump calls Hillary Clinton 'world-class liar' as war of words intensifies
- United Nations criticizes repression in Bahrain, urges dialogue
- North Korea leader Kim Jong-Un says missile test a success, threat to US
- Brexit: UK goes to polls in knife-edge EU referendum; over 46 million people to decide Britain's fate
- 'US will continue to expand defense systems to protect South Korea, regional allies from North Korean missiles'