Man sentenced to 10 years RI for raping woman
Ghaziabad: A fast track court here on Saturday sentenced a man to 10 years of rigorous imprisonment for raping a woman on the pretext of marrying her.
Judge RN Singh also imposed a fine of Rs 22,000 on Azad, a resident of Sahibabad.
According to prosecution, Azad raped Meenu on August 17, 2006, on the pretext of marrying her. The accused also accompanied Meenu to Hyderabad for their "honeymoon" but ignored her thereafter.
Meenu approached the police in this regard and Azad was later arrested, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'