Man sentenced to 10 years RI for raping woman
Ghaziabad: A fast track court here on Saturday sentenced a man to 10 years of rigorous imprisonment for raping a woman on the pretext of marrying her.
Judge RN Singh also imposed a fine of Rs 22,000 on Azad, a resident of Sahibabad.
According to prosecution, Azad raped Meenu on August 17, 2006, on the pretext of marrying her. The accused also accompanied Meenu to Hyderabad for their "honeymoon" but ignored her thereafter.
Meenu approached the police in this regard and Azad was later arrested, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday