Man sentenced to 10 years RI in rape case in UP
Basti: A man was sentenced to 10 years rigorous imprisonment by a court for raping a minor girl in 2008.
Judge Jai Ram yesterday held Pawan Kumar guilty of the crime and also imposed a penalty of Rs 5,500 on him.
Pawan Kumar along with a minor boy had raped the girl in Labdaha village in Haraiya area in May 2008.
The case against the other accused is pending in a juvenile court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'