Man sentenced to 7-yr jail for raping woman
Muzaffarnagar: A local court has sentenced a man to seven years` imprisonment for raping a woman on the false pretext of marriage.
District Sessions Judge Rama Jain yesterday sentenced Waseem, a resident of Tandeda village in the district, and imposed a fine of Rs 10,000 on him.
The matter came to light when the victim got married to another man of the same village and he discovered that she was pregnant.
The victim`s husband filed a case against the accused and also left her, protesting her pregnancy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price