Man sentenced to 7-yr jail for raping woman
Muzaffarnagar: A local court has sentenced a man to seven years` imprisonment for raping a woman on the false pretext of marriage.
District Sessions Judge Rama Jain yesterday sentenced Waseem, a resident of Tandeda village in the district, and imposed a fine of Rs 10,000 on him.
The matter came to light when the victim got married to another man of the same village and he discovered that she was pregnant.
The victim`s husband filed a case against the accused and also left her, protesting her pregnancy.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended