Man sentenced to 7-yr jail for raping woman
Muzaffarnagar: A local court has sentenced a man to seven years` imprisonment for raping a woman on the false pretext of marriage.
District Sessions Judge Rama Jain yesterday sentenced Waseem, a resident of Tandeda village in the district, and imposed a fine of Rs 10,000 on him.
The matter came to light when the victim got married to another man of the same village and he discovered that she was pregnant.
The victim`s husband filed a case against the accused and also left her, protesting her pregnancy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur