Man sentenced to 7 yrs jail in attempt to rape case
Muzaffarnagar: A local court on Thursday sentenced a person to seven years in jail after finding him guilty in an attempt to rape case.
Additional District Sessions Judge Ramesh Chandra also imposed a fine of Rs 50,000 on Lokendra Singh after pronouncing him guilty under various sections of the Indian Penal Code.
According to the prosecution, Singh had entered the victim`s house and attempted to rape the girl in the incident which took place in Shamli district`s Unn town on September 9, 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II