Man sentenced to 7 yrs jail in attempt to rape case
Muzaffarnagar: A local court on Thursday sentenced a person to seven years in jail after finding him guilty in an attempt to rape case.
Additional District Sessions Judge Ramesh Chandra also imposed a fine of Rs 50,000 on Lokendra Singh after pronouncing him guilty under various sections of the Indian Penal Code.
According to the prosecution, Singh had entered the victim`s house and attempted to rape the girl in the incident which took place in Shamli district`s Unn town on September 9, 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill