Man sentenced to 7 yrs jail in attempt to rape case
Muzaffarnagar: A local court on Thursday sentenced a person to seven years in jail after finding him guilty in an attempt to rape case.
Additional District Sessions Judge Ramesh Chandra also imposed a fine of Rs 50,000 on Lokendra Singh after pronouncing him guilty under various sections of the Indian Penal Code.
According to the prosecution, Singh had entered the victim`s house and attempted to rape the girl in the incident which took place in Shamli district`s Unn town on September 9, 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!